Our Rockin' Kindergarten Readiness Program
At Drool of Rock, it is our mission to successfully prepare each child for the kindergarten program that lies ahead. We believe that infusing our curriculum with daily music and arts classes will give them all the best tools for success and one rockin' preschool experience along the way.
Here are examples of what children work on during scheduled times
- Manipulatives: Play doh, Legos, Blocks, Building, Puzzles, Sensory Games
- Circle Time: Role Call, Calendars, Days of the Week, Months, Time of Day, Intro to the Lesson Plans for the Day
- Free Play: Center time, Games, Outdoor Play and Movement Activities
- Art: Creating, Drawing, Painting
- Lesson Time: Letters, Numbers, Colors, Shapes, Themes
- Library: Exploring our Library Shelves, Story Time, Choosing Books for Nap Time
- Outdoor Play and Movement Exercises: Playing outside or Learning Indoor Movement Activities
- Music Center Time: Concerts, Music Education, Instrumental Basics, Song Time, Dance and ROCK.
Themes the children will study throughout the year
This is a general break-down of what the children will be learning throughout the year.
The 3 and 4 year old classrooms will also be introduced to a letter and number each week.
- FALL - All About Me, Back to School, Fire Safety, Health and Safety, The Alphabet, Numbers, Fall Season, Columbus, Jobs/Careers, Halloween, Voting, Musical Instruments, Colors, Thanksgiving / Turkeys / Pilgrims, Magin
- WINTER - Winter, Food Groups, Winter Holidays, New Years, Months of the Year, Favorite Things, Elvis Presley, Spanish Words, Dental Health, Valentine’s Day, Chinese New Year, Transportation
- SPRING - Colors of the Rainbow, Caterpillars and Butterflies, Lucky Charms, Spring Things, Bunnies and Baskets, Circus, Rain, Recycling, Earth Day, Frogs and Tadpoles, lants / Flowers/ Planting Seeds/ Mother’s Day, Pets, The Zoo, Fairy Tales, Graduation, Travel
- SUMMER - Flags of the World, Golf / Father’s Day, Bugs and Insects, 4th of July, Camping, Community Helpers, Ocean Life, Space and Planets, Sports, Trains, Travel and Vacations.